We are committed to minimising the impact that our activities have on the environment and take a leadership role in our sector. We also encourage our customers and suppliers to adopt similar practices, helping them meet their own environmental commitments as well as legal obligations.
Our environmental policy includes:
- Minimising waste by evaluating operations and ensuring that they are as efficient as possible
- Minimising toxic emissions through efficient fleet management, including fuel
- Actively promoting recycling, both internally and to customers and suppliers. We now recycle 100% of our internal waste, including plastics, cardboard, paper and food.
- Sourcing and promoting product ranges that minimise environmental impact during production and distribution. Over 3000 of our products have recycled content or environmentally friendly accreditation and we are continually increasing this number.
- Meeting or exceeding all applicable environmental legislation
- Offering environmentally friendly confidential waste and recycling services to help our customers meet their own environmental commitments
- Using accredited Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) paper merchants and print houses